Written pieces may be fiction or nonfiction but should ultimately linked to life as a West Indian. While criticism is accepted, we do not allow derogatory or degrading contributions. Other key specs to consider:
- Your piece should be headlined with your full name, email address and location (City, Country)
- Please include brief biographical note and a link to your website/blog, if applicable.
- Standard articles, 400 words (min) – 1500 words (max); No minimum word limit for poetry.
- Avoid stylized formatting; Bold, Underline, Italics and Hyperlinks are fine.
- Any accompanying images should be hi-res, png, jpeg or gif files for online use.
- Accepted file types include: docx, pdf, rtf and odt. We cannot guarantee feedback if sent in other formats
Photo & Video Submissions
- Images must be hi-res; png, jpeg or gif files for online use
- Do not attach media – please share your photos via file sharing platform such as Dropbox or WeTransfer.
- Please provide Youtube/Vimeo links as the video submission format.
GROUNDS FOR REJECTION
Your work will be rejected from being published on the site if it commits any of the following offences:
- Violates or infringes on any one else’s copyright.
- Submissions which contain any graphic violence or pornographic content, is demeaning to any race, gender, religion, culture or class. The Global West Indian reserves the right to deem any submissions as too offensive for publishing.
If you have any queries regarding your submission you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org however, please allow at least 10 days for any non-urgent concerns such as requesting feedback. The editor will review all articles and contact the author regarding suitability for publication. The Global West Indian reserves the right to condition acceptance of an article upon revision of the article to conform to the site’s guidelines.